• Advertisement

SBC Sports Betting News – Derrick Rose Makes Progress, But H

• Advertisement

SBC Sports Betting News – Derrick Rose Makes Progress, But H

Postby Freddy Wills » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:36 pm

An overview of the main sports headlines this week tells you that Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls is closer to rejoining the team… but the timetable is still very much unclear.

Bulls Superstar Works In Drills, But Playing Status Is Still Unknown For The Time Being

You know that outlets are looking for diversions and other betting attractions while they monitor the NFL combine. There's only so much a football betting service can do these days. Pigskin-minded people at a are likely giving at least something of a look at the NBA and the championship odds for various playoff teams. Few stories or considerations are being given more constant attention than the one in Chicago, where the Bulls and an anxious city are wondering if the franchise's centerpiece, point guard Derrick Rose, can return to the team in time for the playoffs and make meaningful contributions, enough to make the Bulls a title contender. Everyone in and around the NBA saw last spring that Chicago was toothless in the playoffs without Rose, falling to the Philadelphia 76ers in six games in the first round of the postseason. Rose is the difference between a second-round playoff team and a team that can challenge the Miami Heat for the Eastern Conference championship. The extra point of intrigue here is that if Rose can indeed play, his legs will be fresh for the playoffs, possibly adding value to the Bulls, more than if he had played a full (and punishing) regular season.

What's the latest on Rose's status? Jon Greenberg of ESPN Chicago filed a piece on Wednesday, Feb. 20, which contained these choice nuggets of information:

"Last week, Rose said he couldn't dunk in stride yet, giving reporters another recurring question to ask to measure his status. (Chicago center Joakim) Noah said Rose didn't dunk in practice.

"'No, not yet,' Noah said. 'Sorry.'"

"Rose, who tore his ACL in the first game of the 2012 playoffs, made waves last week after stating he won't come back until he's '110 percent' to a USA Today reporter. He then told local reporters that if he wasn't completely healthy, he would be fine with missing the entire season.

"'I really don't know,' Rose said in Boston on Feb. 13. 'I'm feeling good, but like I said, if it's where it's taking me a long time and I'm still not feeling right, I don't mind missing this year.'"

"But Rose has been working out like he plans to come back soon. His teammates describe him as being the first one in the gym and the last one to leave. He's been participating in limited practices for some time and traveling on the road.

"'I would love to [come back this season],' he said in Boston. 'I would love to. That's why I approached my rehab and my workout so hard. I'm trying to get back on the court as quickly as possible, but if I have anything lingering on, it's no point.'"

"All season long, the Bulls have told reporters that Rose is right on schedule with his rehab work as reporters speculated on a post-All Star return. That didn't change Monday during the team's first post-All-Star break practice.

"'He's doing what he should be doing,' (Chicago head coach Tom) Thibodeau said Monday. 'He's focused on his rehab, doing more and more. We just have to be patient. When he's ready, he'll go.'"

Various in America might be intrigued by the above report, but would they substantially change the odds on the Bulls winning the Eastern Conference and making the NBA Finals? The smart calculus would suggest that Chicago's chances won't improve much until Rose not only plays, but lifts the Bulls to the league's elite. Chicago has a long way to go to prove itself to betting experts.

to get the news on the latest developments in the sports world.
Freddy Wills
SBC Expert

• Advertisement

Return to Betonline News